[AT] in cab refrigerators?

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 10 07:11:52 PDT 2011

On 10/9/2011 8:55 PM, john hall wrote:
> Saw an ad for the newly designed Deere combines. They now have a refrigerator in the cab. I think it is safe to say we just don't have the caliber of men in this country that we used to. Either that or all the tales the old timers told of 16 hour days and working all night in the fields by the light of the moon were a bunch of BS.

We are the same.  How many of your wives are hauling water and wood to
cook?  Does that make then any less?  How many of you are driving car
with an automatic, Air conditioning, AM/FM/CD? Does that make you less
than your grand parents driving an open Model T?  We are the same, we
just do things differently and do like our creature comforts.

As for those long days, during the season you work from can to can't.
My father fixed the lights on the tractors every spring and for some
tasks ran the tractors as long as he could and when I was older I took
over when he finished.  He grew up farming with horses and had many
tales of just how hard that was and how glad he was when his father
bought a 10-20.  His father farmed with horses and kept a team until the
day he died in an auto accident.

They farmed a few hundred acres, the farmer with in cab refrigerator,
AM/FM/CD/CB/GPS, is farming a few thousand.

--
Don Bowen           KI6DIU