[AT] Some Tractor Help Required

henry miller hank at millerfarm.com
Sun Nov 27 11:59:23 PST 2011

You could also try fogging oil in the cylinders. I put some in a (non-running, carb problems) boat 5 years ago, and never got around to getting it out again in spring. A few weeks ago the engine was free (sold the whole thing as is). The spray should reach the entire cylinder better. Be sure to turn the enging over while spraying to cover everything.

LeRoy Price III <leroy_price3 at hotmail.com> wrote:

Guys,

I had an issue with my 1947 JD B this month while attempting to start it. Basically, I think the float is stuff or has a problem and when I attempt to start it tons of gas fills the chambers to where gas comes out of the petcocks. What I did was to shut off the gas and still turn over the engine to get as much of the gas out. I also pulled the plugs while I did this and let the plugs out for several hours to let the gas evaporate. I did put the plugs back in and covered the tractor back up, it stand outside.

However, I'm worried about it and mainly about the pistons freezing up during the winter. I wondered if the list had any suggestions to avoid any issue over the winter until I can get a chance to address the issues with the carb?

LeRoy