[Farmall] cub cadet steering upgrade

farmallgray at aol.com farmallgray at aol.com
Thu Nov 24 06:56:46 PST 2011

I have done it on several of mine. Seems to work pretty well.
I got the bearings directly from a bearing supplier and the lock nuts you can get from a good fastener store.
The bearing is made by Nice and the number is N605.
You will probably want to rebuild the steering gear at the same time.
You might find this helpful;

http://www.ihcubcadet.com/IHCCFAQ/SteeringBox.htm

I don't necessarily agree with straightening the side plate. Having a bit of crown on that plate reduces friction between the plate and the seal retainer.

Todd Markle

Spring Mills, Pa.