[Farmall] farmall A

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Mon Nov 21 06:52:08 PST 2011

On my Cub, I just remove the inlet and/or outlet elbow to change the
hoses. It means you  may also have to get new gaskets for the elbows. but
these are easier to unbolt and remove than to take the radiator out
(unless the bolts are rusted in solid).You can also cut the hoses longer
than they need to be in order to get as much hose on as you can. I usually
put a thin coating of high temp silicon sealer on the inlet and outlet
elbows before I slide the hose on. It helps the hose to slide on and keeps
it from sticking to the inlet and outlet elbows for easy removal later if
you ever have to. Also takes care of all those little rust pockets that
might cause a leak later on. When you tighten the clamps, you'll see a
little of the silicon sealer squeeze out and you know you've got the clamp
tight.

You should be using a 2 inch I.D. hose for the A.

Carl Szabelski

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.