[Farmall] Carb Question

Jerry Bossard jerry.bossard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 09:37:17 PST 2011

Hello.  I have a 1942 H and I assume has a carb problem.  Last night I ran
the tractor at 1/3 throttle and let it run for an 1 hour and 20 minutes to
find out how much gas it was consuming.  I have a 1 gal gas tank hooked up
and filled the tank full.  At the end of 1 hour and 20 minutes the 1 gal
tank was nearly empty.  Is this normal?  Also when the tractor is parked I
find that gas is dripping from the idle needle screw and there is gas in
the carb intake hose from the air cleaner.  I'm assuming I have a carb O
ring issue that has not sealed properly?  Do anyone have a schematic or
drawing of what rubber seals are suppose to go where?  I'll probably pick
up a rebuild kit from TSC but does it have the correct instructions for the
rubber seal placement in the kit?

Thanks,

Jerry