[Farmall] Farmall H Ignition Issue

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 06:46:18 PDT 2011

Thank you for the update, Carl.  That is good news.  Speaking of
ignition points in a Farmall H, I worked on a dairy farm in the late
1950's.  The owners operated on a "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
system.  One day Bob walked into the barn and dropped a set of points
in my hand and asked if I thought they would cause the H to quit
running.  The moving point was completely missing with the point arm
burned off just before where the point would have been.  I agreed that
could be a problem.  It all makes one wonder how the old girl ran as
long as it did.

Charlie V.