[AT] atis bulletin board gone?

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu May 26 08:07:37 PDT 2011

The mail list is just so much simpler.   I am sick of all this new
technology that just creates bells and whistles and doesn't really do
anything.  I would like to get a cell phone that I can read, hear, and dial
out.  The new ones can do everything but call out for longer than 15 seconds
here.  I don't even have a land line that will work when it rains.  I got
stuck with verizon after alltell after AT&T was changed from SW Bell mobile
systems.  The old bag phone and the old long motorola worked the best.  The
new digital is terrible.. The new digital TV is a pain here, and when we
were in the cellar with a tornado going by, we could only get radio because
our battery tv in the cellar was no longer any good due to the digital crap.
To get a digital convetor in the cellar, we would have to run an inverter or
get a new tv and the new digital will not penetrate the reinforcing in the
cellar...  An antenna stuck up through the roof vent does not sound like a
good deal for lightning !!!  Our cellar has been within 15 ft of getting
struck 5 times in 25 years..  Internet TV won't work because the wifi goes
out when the electricity fails.  We ran on generator for 24 hours yesterday,
$300 in fuel cost.

Cecil in OKla