[AT] local television

John Slavin chaunceyjb at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 27 12:53:49 PDT 2011

Ron:

Are you sure you have the right antenna?  Some of the stations when they went digital, went from vhf to uhf during the transition and then some came back to their original channel, some stayed where there were in UHF, and some went to an altogether new channel, which could be UHF or VHF.  If you have a vhf antenna only (or perhaps a channel specific antenna, it won't receive the vhf signal at all.  Here is what I did:  1)Got rid of all my old 300 ohm cable lead to my house and replaced it with 75 ohm coaxial cable; 2) bought a new UHF antenna, (this is the antenna that will really reach out there, but it's uhf only and highly directional necessitating a rotor:  http://www.antennasdirect.com/store/91XG_HDTV_Antenna.html); 3) bought a signal amplifier, 4) bought a new digital rotor (the new rotors can be added to universal remotes to avoid the accumulation of remotes).

John Slavin