[AT] OK, I'm back. Sort of...

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 09:24:24 PDT 2011

Just rambling...
I've been a little absent for a while. I have been reading a few
messages but not keeping up. I have had better decades... The last 5
years especially. I can't complain too much, well, I could but nobody
cares :-)
We have been sorting out some health issues, family issues, income
issues etc. I got down to where I could only walk about 100' at a time
using 2 canes. Sort of a pain for someone that was always active. The
main reason I can't complain much now is that it was all curable
(except just getting old). I can now walk a mile or more without
problems. I can eat anything I want as long as it is low calorie, low
fat, low carb, low sodium, low sugar and low flavor. :-)
I've dropped just over 50 pounds. On a good day I work outside maybe
an hour in the morning and 2 or 3 hours in an evening. Some days are
better than others. Isn't getting old a hoot? :-)
After years of depression I found that the cure for that is hugging
horses... And talking to horses. And looking out the window at horses.
And having people around here riding and training horses and tending
their horses on small pastures they rent from us.
My big problem that is left is catching back up on all of the stuff
that has been sitting. I have made about zero progress on old tractor
stuff but I do have a nice project line waiting. It is going to take a
week to clear out a decent hole in the shop to work in. It has
accumulated a horrendous amount of "stuff" carried in by those dang
pack-elves. At one point I moved the woodshop out of the farm shop and
into a building of its own (building was put up in the 70's as a store
building then was our family room for a while) So now I have a big
mess in two shops... :-) I have not gotten anything done in the farm
shop this winter largely because you could not get it warm if you sat
it on fire. Of course the hole left from moving the woodshop out
filled in with a big sucking sound almost over night.
We are really getting tired of rain... I hope it quits in time for the
drought. I was mowing grass yesterday that was higher that the hood on
the JD Lawn tractor. It takes about 3 passes to get it down. We keep
two 20+ HP lawn tractors and we were going to replace one last fall
but the drought changed that schedule. We didn't put enough hours on
them during last years drought to need to replace one.
I am planning to make Portland this year... I also want to make Big
Dog's Cub Tug this year. I am going to try staying active here and I
guess I will post both to the list and the forum for a while until
that sorts out.
I didn't use to like forums when I was on dial-up because of slow
see a lot of pictures right with the messages. The forum does not look
to be very busy especially in the tractor section. The last post I see
there was in April? I'll have to start posting there, I may not have
gotten much done but I can talk about what I want to do. :-)

--

Be tolerant of almost everything but intolerance...

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA
robinson46176 at gmail.com