[AT] atis bulletin board gone?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri May 27 07:21:21 PDT 2011

On 5/27/2011 5:41 AM, Cecil Bearden wrote:
> This is my complaint.  It costs another $10/month to get the free tv
> stations that are local.  I could get them before with my regular tv with a
> small antenna.  now it takes a wire basket that must be moved about to get
> each channel.  If I put an antenna outside I run the risk of getting hit by
> lightning.  I really do not want to run an antenna wire for an antenna into
> the storm cellar tha is on top of the hill here next to my house.  It the
> tornado does not get us the lightning will with a wire running into the
> cellar.
>
> See my point??    All these new bells and whistles and we are no better off
> than we were in 1955.....  Just more expensive, and less user friendly..
>
> Cecil in OKla

Back in  simpler times all we had to worry about was batteries for the
big old radios that were the only source of information and
entertainment on the farms. Before my time but I still find the
occasional remains of black chunks of carbon that used to be the dry
cell batteries. Non rechargeable and expensive so I think radio time was
rationed in those days.

Ralph in Sask.