[Farmall] Restoration

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Tue May 24 14:25:38 PDT 2011

 I always use red primer for red paint. I once made the mistake of using
gray on a 140. The tractor was pretty much assembled when we did the
painting. It was very hard to get paint onto some of the areas well enough
to cover them without causing a run elsewhere. I generally use a high build
formula primer if using spray cans. To me it helps to hide scratches/chips
in areas that are not being completely stripped. I also think it helps to
smooth out castings. Obviously though if you want it perfectly smooth,
you'll have to sand it that way.

John Hall