[AT] Fuel Oil vs. Diesel Fuel

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at longlines.com
Sun May 8 13:39:19 PDT 2011

Ralph,
	Yep, that is what I mean.  I have two like yours and one 50 year old
model that uses a furnace fuel pump, nozzle, and fan.  Same as an old
fuel oil furnace in the house.  That thing has to have kerosene to burn
clean.  It uses a Honeywell system that has a purge timer before it
opens the fuel valve and then has a flame detector to stop the pump in
case the fire goes out or fails to light.  The igniter is supposed to be
sparking continuously.  Sometimes the system is faulty and the fire goes
out and it blows fuel out the front and all over the place.  When that
happens, you do not want it to relight.  Best used outdoors.  Actually I
have pretty much retired it.
	They do make an excellent preheater, don't they?

Ron Cook
Salix, IA