[AT] Fuel Oil vs. Diesel Fuel

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Sun May 8 07:20:36 PDT 2011

"Charlie V,  we can get K-1 at the pump here too but somehow it's not as
clean as "lamp oil" should be.  It smokes and if you use it in a "kerosun"
type heater it gums the wick up.
This from the paint store is supposed to be cleaner.  I intend to buy some
for my lamps but no way would I burn $8 a gallon fuel in a heater except in
an emergency."

I hear you, Charlie. Strange how K-1 can be of different quality
levels for varies applications just as heating oil can.  I have not
had that problem, but in recent years have only used it in a
Salamander type Reddi heater that will also drink diesel fuel.

Be extra kind considerate to Mom today.
Charlie V.

CV