[Farmall] 656 governor surging

Barney Van De Weert bbvande at yahoo.com
Thu May 5 05:59:13 PDT 2011

The screw would be the one on the back close to the bottom. you can try turning
it in a little at a time, you really can't mess anything up by turning it in. If
you turn it in too far the engine probably won't idle down. I can't take any
pictures- I no longer own the tractors, sold them when my Dad sold out 12 years
ago. The setting that controls the max speed will make the problem worse if you
increase the speed setting. That's why I suggest that you go over all the
settings on the governor to make sure they are correct.
 Barney Van De Weert