[AT] Restriction on selling raw milk...JD "B"

joehardy at epix.net joehardy at epix.net
Wed May 4 18:23:37 PDT 2011

Charlie, I'm living on a farm that once sold raw milk. My father-in-law, with some hired help, did it all; from milking to bottling and delivering it to our surrounding community. We finally tore down the milk house but still have to old bottling equipment and the device that was used to cool the milk before filling the milk cans; then into the cooler. A milk inspector would visit once a month, and in the "old days" would stay for supper and, sometimes, an over nite stay too! My wife's family never got sick from it and he never lost a customer from being sick. He would deliver 9 qts every other day to a neighbor who had 10 kids. When times were tough, he would only bill them once a month and hoped that he would get paid! Oh well; times have sure changed!   Joe Hardisky   Ryman Farm  Dallas, PA