[Farmall] 656 governor surging

Rupert rwenig2 at xplornet.com
Wed May 4 11:09:32 PDT 2011

Hello Guys,
	I have a Farmall 656 tractor with a gas engine. I have been having a
problem with the governor surging specially when I first start the
tractor. The problem gets better after the the engine warms up but
doesn't go away completely. I seems to work ok at full throttle and at
idle. I thought it might be a good idea to ask before I tear into the
governor if there is something I should check first.
	I'm hoping the governor is simply sludged up but I guess parts could be
worn too.
	A little history on the tractor: I bought the tractor used a couple of
years ago. The engine oil was so black that I figure it haddened been
changed is a long time. I have flushed the engine since.

	Any ideas or comments appreciated.

Rupert

--

yvt