[AT] tires with tubes

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Wed Mar 23 18:37:46 PDT 2011

There's a second verse to the "tubeless song", Al.  One of the penny-pinching techniques done by current lawn mower manufacturers is to ship them out to the public with tubeless tires on them -- and no bead sealer.  So whenever a customer comes in with a flat tire on their lawnmower, I break the bead, coat it with bead sealer, and then re-inflate it.  It takes a little more time than just putting air into a flat, but it keeps customers from coming back with the same problem that they had when they started.  And , you never use Slime unless you own locust trees.

Today, I got a year-old tractor-style mower into the shop and had to do the "make ready" service on it that SHOULD have been done last year at the Big Box store where the mower was purchased.  So much for the quality of our high school graduates.  The steering wheel came off in my hands, the hood wasn't hooked correctly at the front, the control handles were barely installed......

Larry