[AT] OT - MADE IN USA (Warning, possibly political content)

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 05:05:32 PST 2011

During my work life, it was necessary to purchase lamps for two cell
AA dental style flashlights two or three 12 packs at a time. These
were the threaded style lamp, not the flange style. Most often the
supplier would send GE lamps. My best guess is that  about the mid
1990's on these bulbs were stamped China, instead of USA.  The quality
became so bad by 2005 that I had to sort each dozen lamps to find six
or eight that could be used.  The remainder of each dozen either did
not light, were a one flash bulb, or had the filament so badly out of
position in the lamp that no light came out the front end.  They would
light, but had no focus.  They still came in the good old yellow and
blue package.

Charlie V.