[AT] combine reels

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Mar 7 21:13:33 PST 2011

On 3/7/2011 9:13 PM, Al Jones wrote:
> There are some things that will exchange from the 3300 right on up to the 7700.  A friend is currently running a 7700 but had a little 3300.  I recall the unloading auger drive/universal joint was the very same between both machines.
>
> I couldn't own a 3300-7700 combine, or anything that didn't have a turret style unloadin auger, unless I took the time to swing the auger back in after unloading every hopper.  My friend had a 6600 before he got the 7700 and I had a chance to run it one day, and I just about tore the unloading auger off it twice when I got too close to the woods.  Fortunately I "remembered" it was sticking out there and got stopped both times before there was any damage.
>
> Al

That sounds familiar Al. Reminds me of combining with the old Case 460
pull type. It had the manual swing auger on the left too and it stuck
out just far enough to hit trees if you were making the first round of
the fence lines or bushes. The way we got around it was to cut the first
swath backwards, easily done with a self propelled swather. With a pull
type it meant running down a little bit of crop with the tractor wheels.

Ralph in Sask.