[AT] Talking about shops/sheds

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 05:43:23 PST 2011

It seems that it is all up to one person and it is not the preacher.  Read on!

The minister was  preoccupied with thoughts of how he was going to ask
the congregation to come up with more money  than they were expecting
for repairs to the church building. Therefore, he was annoyed to find
that  the regular organist was sick and a substitute had  been brought
in at the last minute. The substitute wanted to know what to play.
"Here's a copy of  the service," he said impatiently. "But, you'll
have to think of something to play after I make  the announcement
about the finances."
During  the service, the minister paused and said, "Brothers and
Sisters, we are in great difficulty; the  roof repairs cost twice as
much as we expected and  we need $4,000 more. Any of you who can
pledge $100 or more, please stand up."  At that moment,  the
substitute organist played "The Star Spangled Banner."
And that is how the  substitute became the regular  organist!