[AT] Edsel ranchero?

John Maddock agtronixjv at southcom.com.au
Thu Mar 24 09:19:33 PDT 2011

Would you believe I still drive a '67 Toyota Crown ute as pictured in the
Wikipedia article (well, without the fancy wheels, anyway) as the farm
vehicle?

An advanced vehicle, for its day.  Box frame chassis, 1 tonne load, 6
cyl.o/h cam, alloy cross flow head,2 litre, (later 2.3L, then 2.6L),
semi-extractor exhaust, 4 gears on the steering column.  As I understand
it, the Crowns up to 1965 had 4 cylinder engines & transmissions based on
English Austin design, then Toyota bought a Mercedes engine factory & used
that design until whenever.  Crowns were not imported to Aus after about
'75, when they were replaced by the Cressida (similar engine) then the
Lexus. Still made & used in Japan as taxis, I believe.

JV

> On 3/24/2011 9:01 AM, John & Jan Paur wrote:
>> I remember those kind of days growing up in Minn.  John

Read tasmaniantimes.com... for news and views you won't find in the
newspapers