[AT] tires with tubes

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Wed Mar 23 15:57:17 PDT 2011

I agree with all Spencer said about tube availability. In answer to your
query, Ralph, I think that you will notice that there are several different
sources of tubes. Most of the tubes available are from China now and are
"no-Name" or Hercules brand. Hercules makes lower durability tires than
nearly all of the other makers that sell in North America and are in my
experience with Truck tires always the cheapest. However, i have seen that
their tires seem to only get about 60% the life of Sumitomo, Firestone,
Hankook and other typical brands. Michelin is the longest lasting on truck
tires, but I do not buy their tires as the price is so high that they cost
almost as much per mile as the Hercules!
      Returning to tubes specifically, I have purchased Chinese when they
are the only ones available or in a pinch, but when possible I get the
Firestone (really Bridgestone now) or Titan tubes as they are actually more
durable. Our Tractor tires all have tubes naturally and I have seen that we
do occasionally need to replace or patch them. Usually on our heavy use
tractors, the tubes get replaced when the tires do, but sometimes there are
punctures....
              Grant Brians
              Hollister,California Organic Vegetable, Fruit and Nut Producer