[AT] non-reversible auto tires? OT

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Mon Mar 21 07:10:57 PDT 2011

Larry Goss wrote:
> Wait a minute, Steve.  I did a little searching on-line after I
> posted that message last night.  I THINK he has asymmetrical tires,
> not directional -- but I don't know since he lives 300 miles from me
> and we just got together to celebrate his 80th birthday.  He is not
> on-line, so I actually have to call him on his phone rather than
> contact him any other way.  He is a true eccentric who practices
> frugality and old-age hoarding with a passion, so I suspect that he
> got taken by the dealer either through stupidity or his own
> stubborness.  He told me that he paid all of $80 each for the tires,
> so in his eyes they are pure gold.  I'll give him a phone call later
> today and see if he can't get a correction on them.
>
> Larry

Could be both but hard to tell if your that far apart. Usually the
asymmetrical treads are directional in nature. Especially once they get
worn a bit.
Kelly makes both as well as conventional treads.

I would LOVE to get tires for $80 each. The last ones I put on the wifes
were almost $200 per....

--
Steve W.