[AT] OT - computer problem

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Thu Mar 17 10:52:42 PDT 2011

mpnc282 at juno.com wrote:
> Hi all,I'm curious to know if the problem I'm having sounds familiar
> to anyone. I have a Toshiba laptop thats about 4-5 years old.
> Recently the screen has been going dark randomly for no apparent
> reason. I can still see the screen,but its too dim to make anything
> out; its like someone has turned the brightness all the way off. If I
>  reboot the computer it comes back on normally, at least for now.
> Thanks for any advice. Mike

Bad backlight.
Either the inverter board or the lamp tubes (usually the inverter board)

However if you only use it in a more or less fixed setting you could
just connect up an external monitor. I have a nice Dell here that the
screen got broken off. Removed the remainder and use it as a desk top
machine with an external monitor.

--
Steve W.