[AT] OT Gas prices new all time high :-(

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Mar 9 16:26:48 PST 2011

I spent 5 months trying to get an approval thru Oklahoma City for a first
time homeowner to build his dream house on his own 15 acres.  My part was to
design a small dam and creek crossing with a pond that he could have some
ducks swimming.  We surveyed it in May last year.  Submitted proposals more
than 5 times to OKC.  They were rejected every time.  I contacted a friend
who used to work in the engineering dept and retired from the City and went
to work for a local consulting firm.  After he talked to the city engineer,
I had to file an additional form last thursday, and it was approved today.
I will hold to my original price to do the work, but fuel is over $1/gallon
higher.  I feel like it is my fault for not contacting my friend earlier.
However, now all his materials are going to be higher to build his house due
to the wait.....  It also would have been a lot more convenient for me to
build the dam in October....

Damn Gummit bastards.  Nothing wrong with what we wanted to do, just could
not get it through the first idiot that looked at it....

Cecil in OKla