[AT] OT Gas prices new all time high :-(

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Wed Mar 9 06:29:59 PST 2011

If extraction was easy it would have already been done.  From what I've
read there is great potential but still some challenges.  Drilling
technology has moved forward greatly so hopefully those challenges will
be met with some care for safety and the environment.  I'm sure these is
quite a bit of oil in Bakken and it can be produced at a price.  As bad
as high oil prices are they will spur more development of alternate ways
of producing oil and alternate energy sources as well - much more
effective than government subsidies in my opinion.

I've been watching the crude oil market for a long time.  There is
little doubt that the market is distorted at times by big players and
the price is very much dependent on the current psychology.  That said a
small portion of my retirement account is invested in oil.

David
NW NC