[AT] OT Gas prices new all time high :-(

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Mar 8 22:39:07 PST 2011

On 3/8/2011 11:42 PM, Cecil Bearden wrote:
> Ralph
> I was sent this link by a friend I have not read it completely, but it tells
> me that the fuel prices are artifically high....  More politics than
> anything else...  Enough oil in the US to fuel the US for over a thousand
> years.  Bush ordered it extracted.
>
> http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911
>
> Cecil in OKla

Cecil, interesting article and I have no doubt about the prices being
manipulated. Kind of the same way our canola in the bins changes in
price according to the markets. Nothing to do with what it cost us to
produce.
Recently listening to one of those late night U.S. talk shows they were
referring to the huge reserves in the Bakken field and that it would not
be coming out of the ground until the price hit $200 a barrel. About
double what it is now.

Ralph in Sask.