[AT] Talking about lights in favor of CFL's

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Mar 6 16:34:25 PST 2011

Rupert, according to what I heard on a TV news show GE was getting killed in
the incandescent bulb market by Sylvania.  Jeffery Immelt of GE approached
the gov't with the idea of getting rid of the incandescent bulbs.  GE has
already closed their incandescent plant in Winchester VA  this past fall and
put hundreds of folks out of work and opened a CFL plant in China.  ALL
CFL's are made in China.  My guess is that the production of those things
would not meet environmental requirements in the US.