[AT] Farmall F-20 in Holland, video on youtube

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Tue Mar 1 18:21:29 PST 2011

Interesting corrosion on that one. Never seen a oil pan rust out like that.
I know the filler cap is missing but you would have thought there was enough
oil soaked into that metal to prevent that amount of rust. The fuel tank was
pretty bad as well. Looked like the magneto was corroded and broken where
the cap goes. Strange enough the tool box wasn't rusted that bad. I didn't
notice any damage from the wheels settling in the ground so I'm wondering
did this thing sit by the ocean a while and get a constant bath of sea
spray? I've seen a couple pieces of equipment that spent considerable time
"ocean-front" that were pretty well rusted like this. It would certainly be
interesting to know it's story.

John Hall