[AT] was Johnson County Indiana tractorshow/NOW SMOKE

pga2 at BasicISP.net pga2 at BasicISP.net
Thu Jun 30 16:58:37 PDT 2011

The wife and I and our two graddaughters have been on vacation in NM, AZ, UT
and CO since a week ago Saturday. Right now we are in Taos, NM on our way home.
We have been in and out of the smoke from various forest fires since aweek ago
Sunday when we arrived in Albuquerque. There, it was mixed with dust and the
wind was so high that the aerial tram to the top of Sandia Peak was shut down.
We are in the smoke again here at Taos. It is so thick that the clouds have
turned a wierd shade of brown. The edges of the clouds have a kind of rainbow
effect. It would be ok except the smoke is getting to me and aggravating my
sinuses, causing a cough that I can't shake. We're off to Lubbock tomorrow,
and should be home Saturday afternoon.
This trip has been a pleasure, except for the smoke and the girls have had a ball.
Been to the Buddy Holly museum in Lubbock, washed out in Albuquerque with the tram,
visited Page, AZ for the Glen Canyon dam and a float tip down the Colorado river,
then on to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, then stayed 2 nights in Payson, AZ
to see the Mogollon Rim, with a stop at Sunset Crater volcano, then on to see
the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest, Canyon De Chelly and Monument Valley,
visited Four Corners, then on to Colorado for Mesa Verde where the girls also
saw Mule Deer, Elk and wild mustangs. From there it was on to Durango for a ride
on the narrow guage RR, then to Taos where we are now. Tomorrow it's back to
Lubbock and then home. I'll be needing another week to recover!

Hope the smoke back east gets better, guys.

Phil

SNIP

>I know it's not right to complain but there's no other way to say it:  I am
>tired of the heat, humidity, no rain, and to top it off, this damned smoke!

Al

SNIP