[AT] Was AT Digest, Vol 88, Issue 17, Now 6 to 12 Volt

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Jun 27 16:53:32 PDT 2011

I'm repeating what I've heard and it may not be right but supposedly some of
the electric/hybrid cars are running even higher voltages... on the order of
300 volts?    Think about something like a Cadillac Escalade Hybrid.  It
takes a lot of current to push 6000 lbs down the highway.  Maybe someone
knows definitively.   I know a lot of fire and rescue folks are scared to
death of hybrids and electrics.

Charlie