[AT] Super M generator belt / tensioning bracket

drupert at seanet.com drupert at seanet.com
Sat Jun 25 18:15:13 PDT 2011

Dean,

The Hood is off of my SM so I just took a couple of measurements: the face
of the Generator Pulley is 4 inches across and the upper Generator
mounting Bracket is 6 & 3/4 inches from the center of the two holes.

However, at this point I am confused, which doesn't take much doing.  You
said the tractor was converted to 12 volts.  Was the original 6 volt
Generator replaced with a 12 volt Alternator, was the original Generator
just rewound, or??  The original 6 volt Generator was mounted to the Head
with a horseshoe shaped bracket and to the Thermostat Housing with the
upper Generator mounting Bracket referred to above.  But there is no belt
tensioning available in this mounting setup as that is performed with the
adjustable Generator Pulley.  But I am sure you already know this as this
is also the same as your' M assuming it was/is in its' original unmodified
state.

So, I am  not offering any help just getting myself confused -

Dudley