[AT] Hydraulic oil vs. motor oil

Will Powell william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Mon Jun 13 11:01:33 PDT 2011

I run the 20 wt oil in the transmission of my Allis C (recommended) and I also use it in the hydraulics of my D17. You might want to get some 5w20 motor oil for your pump? Thinner than what you run in your engine but still motor oil? Also want to avoid over filling, if crankshaft reaches oil level you will start foaming the oil and that's not good. Just keep an eye on it.