[AT] Looking for a cast iron welder

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Jun 8 03:39:06 PDT 2011

Al,  years ago there was a company in Goldsboro named Super Weld.  All I
know about them is that they used to sponsor (or own) a couple of pulling
tractors and I saw them at some pulls.   They claim
to be experts at welding cast iron.   I haven't seen anything about them in
several years but then I haven't been to a tractor pull in several years
either.   If my memory is correct some guys I used to work for used to take
engine heads to them for welding.   They still show up in an internet
search.   They are just on the S/W side of town off of 117/13 on Carver
Street.

The average shop can't successfully weld cast iron because they don't have
the equipment and know how to pre-heat and slowly cool the part being
welded.

Good luck with it.