[AT] Looking for a cast iron welder

Al Jones farmallsupera at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 7 19:35:36 PDT 2011

Based on the subject line, I know most folks are thinking "just find another one."  But let me explain:  my white demonstrator Farmall Super A has a cracked block.  It is down in the "corner," where the block bolts to the steering gear housings.  If you have ever seen a Farmall Cub with a stress crack on the RH side of the block, usually from being "jerked around" trying to pull it out of the mud, it's in the same place on my Super A.  It's 100% fixable I believe, and though if it were any other tractor, I would find another block.  But since this is a demonstrator I have decided that it is more important to keep the original block than try to find a replacement.

So, anyone know of a good welding shop in NC, preferably eastern NC, that can weld cast iron?  Any/all leads appreciated!

Al