[AT] Not much of a workout, but fun

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 5 07:24:50 PDT 2011

On 6/5/2011 8:00 AM, Dean Vinson wrote:
> This morning my neighbor gave me a photo he'd taken yesterday when I pulled
> the dogwood stump out.  Neat how it shows the chain in mid-bounce:

I had a couple of nasty Holly bushes that were too close to the house
and caused me to shed blood every time I mowed.  I cut them off to about
a foot and a half.  I tried to pull the stump with the DX29 but all I
did was dig holes.  I then used the ripper to cut the roots on four
sides but still they would not pull.  Then following the recommendation
of my brother I warped the chain around the stump and held one end while
my wife drove the tractor.  It worked like a caspin and twisted those
roots right out.  He told me that is how they did it in the jungle.

I have several more but they are cut off at ground level.  A neighbor is
a salesman at an Case IH dealer and is bringing a backhoe mounted on a
DX33.  I am hoping he leaves it here for a week.

--
Don Bowen           KI6DIU