[AT] [Bulk] AT Digest, Vol 88, Issue 2

John Slavin chaunceyjb at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 3 09:55:08 PDT 2011

When I was a kid (like around 6 or 7 years old), my neighbor, Vic, had one of these.  He suffered from some kind of Jerry Lewis telethon type condition and drove his tractor over to our house a lot to ask my dad for help on various farm related matters.  I remember many occasions playing in the yard in the sand pile inside a tractor tire under the maple tree while Vic sat on his 35 talking to my dad in the shade of the tree.  At one point he told me that the tractor would be mine when he as gone.  He wanted me to have it, he said.  A year or so later he did pass and I was mighty disappointed when I learned that I wasn't getting Vic's tractor.

Ah the memories of my youth.  Thanks for bringing it back to me Charlie!

John Slavin