[Farmall] Seat Spring for Farmall H

Ed and Mary Gilliland egilliland at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 29 12:09:05 PDT 2011

I have a 1950 Farmall H, and the seat spring that I have is very stiff, which produces a stiffer ride and allows me to sit up high in the seat.  I only weigh 150 lbs.  This is the standard tapered coil spring, and shock absorber for that year. It measures about 8 " at the top, and 2" at the bottom.

 I could live with the spring that I have, but I am going to let my 9 year old grandson learn to drive the tractor soon, and it would be helpful for him to sit a little lower in the seat.  I believe that IH made these springs in 3 different compression strengths, depending upon the weight  of the operator, and I think that I have the stiffest one.  Any ideas as to where is the best source to start looking for a new, lighter weight seat spring?  Thanks.

Ed Gilliland
egilliland at sbcglobal.net