[Farmall] McCormick-Deering 10-20 Engine Serial Number

Bob Currie tracturs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 09:42:37 PDT 2011

Ben, The manufactuers ID plate is located on the fuel tank support bracket
and it faces the driver platform. If that is missing, you can check the
oval, flat machined area on the engine block, near the front, just above the
water outlet elbow as seen in the picture. Take a small wire brush and some
WD 40 along to clean off this area. I find a good flashlight will also help.
The serial number starts with a KC and then followed by 4, 5, or 6 numbers.
If it only has 3 numbers, call me right away!! :)   The last place you can
look is the bottom of the big cast tub that houses the transmission and Belt
Pulley shaft.  Crawl under the tractor, and just about in line with the
Belt Pulley shaft, across the bottom of the tub, you'll find the casting
date. You'll probably have to scrub alot of dirt and grease off to see
it. One or two digits for the month, a dot, one or two digits for the day,
another dot, then two digits for the year.  i.e.,  12 . 4. 31 , Todd
Markle's book has manufacturer's production/build dates so you can match up
the casting date you find.

bobcurrie,
Greenwood, CA