[AT] Engine Overheating

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Jul 26 13:30:21 PDT 2011

Ben,

It could be a lot of things.  Radiator stopped up,  crud in the block as you
mentioned, engine problems to name a few.   If it was mine I'd take the
radiator hoses off and flow some water through the radiator and then the
block with a garden hose to see how well it flows and what comes out.   Fill
the radiator, crank it with the radiator cap off and look for water
bubbling, rolling or blowing out.   Once you know those things you've got
something to work with.   With the hoses off the radiator the water should
flow out the bottom almost as fast as you can run it in the top with a water
hose.

Maybe some of the IH guys know of a particular quirk with the thermo-syphon.

Charlie