[AT] Engine Overheating

Ben Wagner supera1948 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 12:58:29 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm suspecting that my Farmall A is running very hot.  The coolant boils
even after running the engine for 10 minutes, and the block can burn an
unsuspecting hand.  I can run my Super A for the same amount of time, but
the A is much hotter afterwards.  Part could be the engine, I know, but I'm
also wondering if there isn't built-up deposits inside the engine that
blocks the coolant flow.  This is a thermosyphon system.

Is there any way to clean the cooling system in the block without taking the
engine apart?

Thanks!

Ben Wagner