[AT] Ford 1841 fuel problem

Lew Best lew at lewslittlefarm.com
Fri Jul 22 15:08:03 PDT 2011

UPDATE

I got the kit in from Napa; soaked the carb in lacquer thinner for a couple of  hours & it runs fine now.  One curiosity though; the main jet adjustment seems to have no effect on it even screwed all the way in (but it's not blowing black smoke like it's running rich?); any ideas on that?  The adjustment screw turns really easy; I'm afraid it might vibrate out & get lost.  Will Loctite work on it or will the gas dissolve it?  Maybe "pinch" an o-ring behind the retainer nut?  It doesn't drip so apparently is sealing ok.

Lew near Waco, TX