[AT] Ford 1841 fuel problem

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Jul 20 14:35:04 PDT 2011

I would agree except that the tractor will run with the choke pulled out.
Richer fuel mix shouldn't help a poor spark do it's job.  I chased a similar
but intermittent problem a few years back and it
did turn out to be fire.  After I replaced almost everything in the ignition
system I finally found the problem.  The small wire from the coil to the
points was bad, partially broken inside the wire jacket.