[AT] More engine issues

Dan Glass dglass at numail.org
Wed Jul 13 16:09:17 PDT 2011

I know this is kind of an odd thing, but I have had two farmall A's that
did the same thing.  The solution in both cases were spark plugs other
than Champion D21's.  I have friend whose Farmall 130 got stranded in
the field and he told me that it wouldn't pull its own weight in first
gear and he said he was going to have to overhaul the engine.  I told
him about the Champion plugs and he said I was crazy.  I told him I had
a set in the garage and I would install them just for grins and if it
didn't help then he hasn't lost anything.  I put in the new set and
drove it back to the barn in third gear.  He is a believer now.  I
bought a "wore out" cub lowboy that wouldn't even pull itself up on the
trailer.  When I was looking it over I noticed it had autolite plugs, I
pulled them out and put in the champion d21's and I have been using it
for about 12 years.  Of course, its not the answer to everything but its
a cheap enough try to check it out.