[AT] OT - Shocking a well

Gunnells, Bradley R brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu
Wed Jul 13 05:36:28 PDT 2011

Mike, I had done this years ago for my well. I couldn't find the link I used to print off the instructions but found this video (linked at the bottom of the page) which is basically the same thing I did.

http://www.sdstate.edu/abe/wri/water-quality/flooding.cfm

It's time consuming to do but not difficult. As the video mentioned remove all the screens from your faucets. The first time I did it I thought I really fouled something up because it immediately plugged them up. Also you may want to bypass some things like water softeners as you may plug their internals.

Brad