[Farmall] 53 chevy truck

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Tue Jul 12 06:56:21 PDT 2011

Richard, it has been a long time since I have dealt with the old chevy
carbs, but I would suspect that the gasket between the 2 halves may have
deteriorated and the gas is evaporating out of the bowl.  Your fuel pump
should refill it in just a couple of revolutions though, so i woudl also
suspect the fuel pump is getting weak or maybe the filter partially plugged.