[AT] .40 main bearings allis B

Louis louis at kellnet.com
Tue Jul 12 04:22:10 PDT 2011

Any good and honest machinist would stop after he had to machine one
journal beyond .030" under and see if bearings are available.  Then call
you and explain the problem and options.  I use two different machine
shops and that is what both of them would have done. The options
generally are find a different crank or weld and grind this one.  The
problem with getting a used crank is, you might go through a pile of
them before you find an acceptable one.  That take everyone's time and
money.  With the existing crank, you know what you have.  I hope the
machinist magnafluxed your crank to make sure there aren't any cracks in
it.

Lou