[AT] A Few Questions: Mufflers

Ben Wagner supera1948 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 05:49:51 PDT 2011

You are probably right; the Stanley may not be original.  I have heard
somewhere along the way that Stanley made IH Mufflers, but I can't find
where.  I've got the book here that claims Hayes or Mackensie made the Super
Series mufflers, but it doesn't mention what the Letter Series used.  I
would think the original muffler would be on this tractor, since the tractor
is original in all parts; I also think the original owner purchased the
muffler option with the tractor, since he could spend the money for an
exhaust lift.

Does anyone know how many of those "Lift All" exhaust lifts for the Farmall
B and A were made?  How many exist in working condition today?  Speak up if
you have one; I'd enjoy hearing from other owners.

Ben Wagner