[AT] paint for rusty surfaces

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 06:08:53 PDT 2011

I hear what you are saying, John.  In spite of that, it may be worth
your time to "SPOT" over the heavily rusted areas with the product
below after the pressure wash removes the scale.  I usually use a
heavy coat from a spray can, or brush it on to check future rust for a
while.  It is also available in gallon cans. I think the last gallon
purchased at Wally World was in the high $20's.  That may be 4 years
ago.  I have even mixed it about 1/3 in Rustoleum paint for surfaces
like truck under body and frame to get it done in one heavy coat and
slow road salt damage.  It will turn black paint a weird bark brown,
but who cares under a vehicle.

Just my 2 pennies.  I know others have different favorites.

http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=155

Charlie V.