[AT] Johnson County Indiana tractorshow/DentonSEOld Threseher'sReunion

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Fri Jul 1 18:41:33 PDT 2011

Never seen any like that. It sounds like you are talking about "strip-till"
farming. Basically you have a trash moving coulter to move the residue, then
a small ripper, followed by a planter unit. I would think it is pretty good
on corn or beans planted in wide rows (everything here is narrow row--8")
Other than tobacco, literally everything here is no-till. It is surprising
how hard those drills pull when fully loaded and you hit some soft ground or
head up a hill.

John